Friday, August 03, 2007

Back in the sack

I have a very good friend who is experiencing difficulties in his marriage. His wife of many years' standing has changed in recent months. From what he tells me, it's been some while since they have made the bed springs dance, and he seems to be hinting that they may be destined for divorce.

It's tricky, as Bill is not a man who easily heeds advice. He actually had a rather disastrous spell as an Agony Uncle himself, and I think he finds the whole process of listening to other people's views a little tedious.

What can I say to him too make him step back from the precipice, where he risks destroying a partnership that has endured more than 30 years?

Helping Out

Dear Helping,

From what I understand of your friend Bill, he has a high-powered career and is at least pushing 60. At this point in his life, the only thing he doesn't want is change for the worst.

You say his wife has changed, although without the specifics I can only guess. She started dressing nicely? Stopped wanting to have sex? Maybe she's not at home as often?

Bill is one of the lucky few who has the power of the press. Let him use it! Let him write a love note printed in every periodical telling the world just how much he hates the current situation and profess his love once again! If that doesn't work, well, 65 is a really good age to find a young, hot wife. Women go nuts over those press hats.

Aunt Amy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should get a membership for he and his wife at a health club. Do the side-by-side day at the salon experience. Get her to exercise with him and start communicating, like they did when they first met. Marriage is work because it is an on-going relationship. Tell him to hand in there. To be interesting, you have to become interested in those about you.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I sent you an e-mail for your advice. I hope you can help. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sound advice, Amy. I'll pass it on in the hope that, for once, Bill will listen to your wise words of counsel. But I won't hold my breath...

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I over polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://corina33.blog.com/2010/10/21/the-advantages-of-having-a-natural-light-alarm-timepiece/]Vintage stuff[/url]