Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Angel in New Jersey

I have had a steady boyfriend for about four and a half years now. He is a great guy and I love him to death. We have in passing discussed moving in together and ultimately marriage. I love him to death but I can't stop feeling I don't deserve him or he's too good to be true. He talks about helping pay my way through college and so many other things. Is he too good to be true or are there men out there like this?

Living A Dream?


Dear Dream,

There really are men who love their girlfriends and are committed to them and want them to succeed. You lucky woman, you found one!

But it doesn't sound like you're entirely happy about it. You need to ask yourself why. Do you treat him poorly in return and feel guilty about it? Do you not have much self-confidence? Is he giving you indications that he will leave? Has someone you trust very much left you before?

Once you've figured it out, modify your behavior. This may involve counseling for one or both of you.

I think as long as you love each other and are honest and kind, you will succeed. Mazel tov!

Aunt Amy

No comments: